Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Chocolate Amaretti Cake

I am 100% in love with this cake! Its texture makes me think of a brownie and a cheesecake. When I came across this recipe by Giada de Laurentiis, I knew I would fall in love.

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup slivered almonds
* 1 cup amaretti cookies
* 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
* 4 large eggs
* about 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting

Before we start, spray a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick spray, place it in the fridge, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.

Combine the almonds and amaretti cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer that to a bowl and set aside. Place the butter, sugar and orange zest in the food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, with the machine running. Finally, add the nut mixture back to the processor along with the melted chocolate. Pulse until blended.

Pour the batter into the spring form pan and bake for about 35 minutes, until the center puffs up and a tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before sifting the cocoa powder. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Mmmmmm that looks sensational.
I really like Giada's recipes. Not that I've ever made anything but I enjoy the tv shows.

D x

Teddy Westlife said...

OMG that looks delicious! Unfortunately not for me, what with being allergic to nuts and all.