Friday, October 30, 2009

Ghosts!

My mom and I loved to be in the kitchen. Growing up, she had all of these little cute food crafts to make. These cute little ghosts were one of the many things we would make together. So, if you need a quick Halloween treat for tomorrow, be sure to try this one. OR, you can try it anytime during the year if you like :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
  • 12 oz Bakers White Chocolate
  • Miniature Chocolate Chips
That is it! Now, here is what you do to make them. Lay out some wax paper or parchment paper in a cookie sheet. Melt your white chocolate. I melt in 15 second increments (stirring in between) because white chocolate can burn very easily. When you have your white chocolate all melted, dip one side of all of the cookies in the melted chocolate. Lay them out on your wax/parchment paper, give them two eyes and put them in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.

Let's have a look at them:

I love easy fun things! I am taking these to a Halloween party tomorrow, along with a Spider Web Cheesecake! I will post the recipe to that (and a photo) once the cheesecake comes out of the oven, cools, and I can decorate it!

Have fun and if you celebrate Halloween, be safe while Trick or Treating.

7 comments:

Shmoo said...

I hate nutter butter cookies, but dip them in white chocolate and the are DELISH!! Love these things!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

So cute! I do something similar at Christmas to make Santa. Dip the bottom half of a nutter butter into white chocolate (beard) and then just a little bit of the other end (hat). Put red sprinkles on the hat and a white chocolate chip for the poof at the end of Santa's hat. Then I use mini M&Ms for eyes and nose.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You ladies are way too creative for me, but these do look very easy and cute. Nice to have those memories of time spent with mom.

Teddy Westlife said...

WE don't have those cookies here but I'm sure I could find something similar. Yummy!

Molly the Airedale said...

These treats are just too cute! They would have been awesome for Barktoberfest last week - just not for the dogs!

Mochi and Bali said...

They sound yummy and look so cute! :)

KZK said...

What a cute idea! Very fun and creative!