Saturday, August 08, 2009

Marbled Chocolate Bark

Hi there!

I have fallen behind and I apologize. We are going to a friend's house tonight, so there won't be a "new" recipe to share... well, not exactly. I first tried this recipe back in 2007, I think. It came out of the Kraft Magazine. It is a really simple and yummy dessert. I am sharing with you because I made it last night to take over to my friend's house for our gathering tonight. (As usual, I had two helpers!)

Ingredients:
  • 8 to 9 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams
  • 6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 squares BAKER'S White Chocolate
Let's make it!! Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Arrange grahams on bottom of pan, cutting as needed to completely cover bottom of pan; set aside.

Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter in medium microwaveable bowl on igh for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until it is well blended. Pour over grahams; spread with spatula to cover completely.

Repeat the above microwave melting steps with the white chocolate. Drop spoonfuls of the white chocolate over chocolate-covered grahams. Immediately cut through the chocolate mixtures with knife (or use a toothpick or chopstick) several times for tiger-stripe effect.

I would place in the fridge at least 1 hour or until firm. (I like to make the night before and let them get nice and firm overnight.) Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Peel off foil. Break the dessert into bars. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Let's see what it looks like. (Please note my assistants! And don't worry, they were not allowed to taste test!)
A simple and easy fun dessert! Thanks for reading and go ahead and get into your kitchen and try something new!

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

yummmmmmmm, our gram would love to have this recipe! She's a dessert person!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sounds and looks tasty. And it looks like you got the approving sniffs from the pups.

KZK said...

Gorgeous assistants! I love how the bark almost matches CM's fur. LOL!

Unknown said...

Ummm...yummmmmmmm

Mochi and Bali said...

YUM! That looks soooooo good!

Teddy Westlife said...

Peanut butter means I'm out but it looks tasty!