If you love pasta like we do around our house, this is a quick, fresh-tasting alternative to the same old spaghetti and fettuccine alfredo you have had a million times before. It is extremely easy to put together and that is why it makes the perfect weeknight meal!
* 12 oz linguini or spaghetti
* 1 lb medium to large shrimp, deveined, peeled, and tails removed
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* Couple pinches of red pepper flakes
* 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
* 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 20 (or more) Kalamata olives, pitted, and halved
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
* 1 cup feta cheese
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water and cook the pasta according to package directions.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. While the pasta water comes to a boil, heat the olive oil and garlic in a deep skillet. Once the garlic has browned (but before it burns!), remove and reserve. Add and cook the shrimp, about 3-4 minutes. Toss in red pepper flakes, lemon zest, oregano, olives, and wine and cook for a couple more minutes. Remove from heat. Add a ladle of the pasta water to the sauce along with the lemon juice. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Let the pasta soak in the juices, then toss in parsley and feta.
All that is left is to enjoy!