Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Grilled Honey Lime Chicken

Hi there!

Tonight for dinner, we tried out this new recipe. I wanted a simple weeknight dinner, and this one proved to be just that! Let's see what you need:

Ingredients:
  • The juice of one lime
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 rounded teaspoon cumin (this could be omitted)
  • A handful cilantro finely chopped (I used dried - about 1 tablespoon)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon steak seasoning blend OR salt and pepper
  • 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 to 8 ounces each)
Toppings:
  • Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, red onion, and avocado (all optional)
  • 1 cup prepared Salsa Verde
  • 4 crusty rolls, split
  • Flavored Tortilla Chips (such as blue corn, red corn, black bean, chili lime, etc)
So, let's put it together. Grab yourself a gallon bag (or quart bag if you half the recipe), and add the first 6 ingredients and mix. To that, add your chicken, seal the bag, and squish around to coat the chicken. Now, put the bag in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. I marinated mine for about 4 hours.

Note: My husband mixed up our own seasoning blend. I have no idea what he put in it and when I asked him, he said he just eyeballed a whole bunch of stuff, lol!

Time to cook! We used an indoor grill (The Griddler) to cook ours, but you can use an outside grill if that is what you prefer. Cook until done. Pending on the size of rolls you purchase, you may have to cut your chicken in half!

Time to eat! We decided to top our sandwiches with lettuce, avocado, and Salsa Verde. I highly recommend all three of these! We would have added tomato if we had one. And we had red onion, I simply forgot to get it out and slice. The avocado added a nice surprise and texture when I bit into the sandwich.

Simple! Fast! Tasty! This is a winner in my books! So what does it look like?

Yup! Makes you want to go make it, right?

Thanks for reading today! What are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and try something new!

5 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh yummy. I love marinated chicken.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You must have had me in mind when you said the cumin could be omitted:) This looks really good, even without the roll.

KZK said...

That looks great! I'd be tempted to panini the whole thing after I put the sandwich together!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

This sounds really yummy!

Lorenza said...

Delicious!
We saw all your recipes and they look yummy! We will follow you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza and mom