Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chinese Lemon Chicken

My dear friend passed this crock-pot recipe to me. It is divine! I think crock-pots have to be one of the greatest things invented. Something about “setting it and forgetting it” is a wonderful thing!

Ingredients:

➢ 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
➢ 1/2 cup all purpose flour
➢ 1 tablespoon kosher salt
➢ 12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
➢ 6 tablespoons brown sugar
➢ 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
➢ 6 tablespoons ketchup
➢ Olive oil for browning chicken

Let’s prepare! Cut the chicken into strips or large chunks. Your choice! Mix the flour and salt together and toss each piece of chicken in the mixture. Brown the chicken in a skillet with some olive oil. You just want to brown the chicken to give it some color, not cook it. Place the chicken in the crock pot. In a separate bowl, mix together the orange juice, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and ketchup and pour over the chicken. Because I like a little kick, I added between ¼ teaspoon and ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes! Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 4).

To complete the meal, I cooked some rice in my rice cooker and popped some frozen eggrolls in the oven and voila! A nice, easy dinner that is yummy and versatile.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

I'll have to give this one a go when it's not so hot here. Having the slow cooker on all day seems insane to me right now :)

KZK said...

Seriously.... isn't it great?!?!
Where have I been? How have I missed so many posts?!?!?