Saturday, December 05, 2009

Olivada with Veggies

As promised, I am back with another new recipe for you!

With the Holidays right around the corner, if you are like me, I have several parties to go to. And I think this is a perfect snack type dish to take to a Holiday party (and it is festive looking as well). I just love Giada! And I found this Olivada recipe one day watching her show, Everyday Italian, on the Food Network! I knew I had to make it. Let's see what you need.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can medium, pitted, black olives, drained
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Vegetables of your choice (Giada recommends carrots, cucumber, fennel, cherry tomatoes)
Let's put it all together. Place the olives, zest, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and garlic into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until the mixture is chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Cut up your veggies of choice. I suggest fennel as one of your veggies. I have never had it before, but it is SO yummy. Has a nice licorice taste to it! We also used carrots and cherry tomatoes fresh from our garden.

All that is left is to plate everything up and enjoy!!! Let's have a look.

Doesn't it look pretty? And pretty good to eat? I hope you try this. It is really fantastic! Get into your kitchen and try something new!

2 comments:

KZK said...

GREAT photo! And YUM, that sounds great. I think I'd even add a splash of Balsamic vinegar... just because I LOVE vinegar. LOL.
That would be GREAT for all the Christmas parties!
KZK

Teddy Westlife said...

Looks delicious! And that colour combination is awesome!